AAP announces candidates for Okhla, Badarpur seat
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party on Sunday announced its candidates from Okhla and Badarpur Assembly constituencies, taking the total number of candidates to 47 for the upcoming Delhi Assembly elections.
The Arvind Kejriwal-led party, after screening the probables, has decided to field Irfan Ullah Khan from Okhla constituency under which sensitive Batla House locality falls, while social activist Narayan Dutt Sharma would contest from Badarpur Assembly constituency.
Khan, chairman of Jamia Nagar Coordination Committee, had participated in J P Movement in 1977 and was also the president of Aligarh Muslim University Students` Union.
The party has also issued the list of shortlisted candidates for nine more constituencies.
AAP had gone into election mode, with its leaders vigorously holding rallies at various localities and institutions like IIT also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore