AAP announces candidates for Okhla, Badarpur seat
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party on Sunday announced its candidates from Okhla and Badarpur Assembly constituencies, taking the total number of candidates to 47 for the upcoming Delhi Assembly elections.
The Arvind Kejriwal-led party, after screening the probables, has decided to field Irfan Ullah Khan from Okhla constituency under which sensitive Batla House locality falls, while social activist Narayan Dutt Sharma would contest from Badarpur Assembly constituency.
Khan, chairman of Jamia Nagar Coordination Committee, had participated in J P Movement in 1977 and was also the president of Aligarh Muslim University Students` Union.
The party has also issued the list of shortlisted candidates for nine more constituencies.
AAP had gone into election mode, with its leaders vigorously holding rallies at various localities and institutions like IIT also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh