AAP announces candidates for Okhla, Badarpur seat
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party on Sunday announced its candidates from Okhla and Badarpur Assembly constituencies, taking the total number of candidates to 47 for the upcoming Delhi Assembly elections.
The Arvind Kejriwal-led party, after screening the probables, has decided to field Irfan Ullah Khan from Okhla constituency under which sensitive Batla House locality falls, while social activist Narayan Dutt Sharma would contest from Badarpur Assembly constituency.
Khan, chairman of Jamia Nagar Coordination Committee, had participated in J P Movement in 1977 and was also the president of Aligarh Muslim University Students` Union.
The party has also issued the list of shortlisted candidates for nine more constituencies.
AAP had gone into election mode, with its leaders vigorously holding rallies at various localities and institutions like IIT also.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail
- I'm against honouring Malala Yousafzai with Nobel Peace Prize: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Sebi cancels registration of Deutsche Mutual Fund