AAP announces candidates for Okhla, Badarpur seat
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party on Sunday announced its candidates from Okhla and Badarpur Assembly constituencies, taking the total number of candidates to 47 for the upcoming Delhi Assembly elections.
The Arvind Kejriwal-led party, after screening the probables, has decided to field Irfan Ullah Khan from Okhla constituency under which sensitive Batla House locality falls, while social activist Narayan Dutt Sharma would contest from Badarpur Assembly constituency.
Khan, chairman of Jamia Nagar Coordination Committee, had participated in J P Movement in 1977 and was also the president of Aligarh Muslim University Students` Union.
The party has also issued the list of shortlisted candidates for nine more constituencies.
AAP had gone into election mode, with its leaders vigorously holding rallies at various localities and institutions like IIT also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli