AAP announces names of six candidates for Delhi Assembly polls
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday announced the names of six candidates, including a retired Delhi Police constable and former leaders of Congress and BJP, for the Delhi Assembly polls slated later this year.
With this, the total number of candidates of the party has reached 40, who would contest in all the 70 Assembly constituencies of Delhi.
The party has decided to field Sanjiv Jha from Burari assembly constituency in North East Delhi, while retired Delhi Police constable, who had resigned from service after coming in contact with Anna Hazare during his agitation, will be the candidate from Mundka Assembly constituency, an official statement said.
For Dwarka, the AAP has decided to field Ravi Suryan, who was associated with BJP and was president of Yuva Morcha, and also the media incharge of BJP Kisan Morcha.
Former secretary of Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee, Anil Kumar Bajpayee, will contest from Gandhinagar seat for AAP.
While for reserved Karol Bagh seat, the Arvind Kejriwal-led party will field Vishesh Ravi and Rajesh Rishi from Janakpuri. Narendra Sejwal will contest from Mehrauli.
AAP had selected the candidates after a cautious evaluation, keeping in mind that no person with criminal or tainted background is given a party ticket, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!