AAP asks Govt to make public steps taken to solve power crisis
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party today demanded that steps taken by Delhi administration and Union Power Ministry for the emergency electricity restoration to ensure lesser power outages in the national capital be made public.
"It is a matter of grave concern that even two weeks after the May 30 thunderstorm, which the power department officials are blaming for the destruction of power cables and towers, no concrete action plan to prevent such a situation from arising in the future appears to be in place," the party said in a statement.
The party also alleged lack of accountability in the functioning of power discoms and blamed Congress and BJP for it.
"Though there appears to be some merit in the statement of Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal that lack of investment in infrastructure for the last 10 years during former chief minister Sheila Dikshit`s regime is responsible for the weak network of electricity transmission and distribution, but what is beyond understanding is his complete silence on the functioning of private power distribution companies (discoms)," the party added.
The party demanded that steps taken by Delhi administration and Union Power Ministry for the emergency electricity restoration to ensure lesser power outages in the national capital be made public.
"The silence of both, the BJP and the Congress on the functioning of discoms and their inability to ensure uninterrupted power supply, give rise to reasonable apprehension about their close relations with these discoms," the party said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’