AAP betrayed people of Delhi: Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Wednesday hit out at the Aam Aadmi Party and the Congress while addressing a rally here.
Accusing the Aam Aadmi Party of betraying the people of Delhi, Modi said, “Delhi saw Congress A and Congress B. What an alliance! First make a government, then resign and then hand over Delhi to Congress A through LG,”
“AAP betrayed people`s mandate in Delhi... People can forgive mistakes but not betrayals. There is no place for betrayers in politics, not in Delhi too,” Modi toll supporters in east Delhi.
While noting that the Congress came to power in Delhi despite losing elections, the Gujarat CM said, “This new party (AAP) in Delhi is Congress` B-team.”
“They (AAP) are not bothered about India; they only want to help the Congress.”
Modi called on the people in Delhi to vote with caution, saying, “People of Delhi should decide what kind of government they would prefer.”
He also accused various parties of trying to prevent the BJP from coming to power.
“It`s the first time that all parties are busy with unique alliances so that the BJP doesn`t come to power.”
Hitting out at the UPA government, Modi said the Congress-led government at the Centre reflects only arrogance, misdeeds and irresponsibility.
“The damage that the country has witnessed in the last decade has never been witnessed before,” he said.
Congress doesn`t have trust in any government institution, Modi said.
Commenting on the Congress manifesto released today, the BJP leader said, “Seeing Congress` manifesto, it seems like a manifesto is a joke for them. All their past manifestos made promises that were never fulfilled.”
“Congress ka aankh me dhool jhokna nahi chala to Parliament me mirchi jhokne lage,” Modi said, referring to the pepper spray incident in Parliament during the debate on Telangana Bill.
Modi slammed the Congress rule in Delhi for “destroying” the capital.
“Duniya mai sabhi capital cities ko shaan se rakha jata hai, Hindustan hi hai jiske capital ko Congress ne barbaad kar dia hai,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened