AAP, BJP spar over allegations of `horse-trading` in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: There was a heated exchange of words on Saturday after Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) heaped allegations of `horse-trading` for MLAs on the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Rajesh Garg, AAP MLA from Rohini, accused BJP workers of offering him money to switch sides. "It’s a fact not an allegation, I haven’t said anything new. I lodged an FIR right after the call was made by Nand Kishore Garg from a private number," he said.
BJP retorted by saying that the allegations were baseless. "This is all rubbish, non sense. It doesn’t require any comment," BJP leader Dr Harshvardhan said.
BJP also took potshots at AAP`s `referendum` seeking public opinion on government formation in Delhi. "They work as Congress `B team`, this SMS politics won’t work for long," said BJP`s Vijender Gupta.
Senior BJP leader Meenakshi Lekhi seconded, saying, "AAP is doing `nautanki` (charade), a serial of data collection. They will do whatever Congress asks them to."
Over the referendum issued by the AAP on government formation, AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal said that the party has received a good response from Delhiites.
Kejriwal added that while some have said that the party should stay away from allying with either the Congress or the BJP, others have asked them to go ahead with government formation.
He said that both the viewpoints should be respected and asserted that the party will take the decision in accordance with public opinion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’