AAP calls case against Dharmendra Kohli a political conspiracy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after a case of sexual molestation and rioting was filed against its newly-elected MLA from Seemapuri Dharmendra Kohli, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Tuesday dubbed it as a political conspiracy.
“It’s a political conspiracy. A defeated candidate is blaming the winning candidate,” AAP leader Manish Sisodia said.
“After winning (the Seemapuri seat) Dharmendra Kohli took out a rally. We spoke to thousands present there, no such incident happened,” Sisodia added.
The police complaint was filed against Koli by the wife of Congress leader Veer Singh Dhingan who alleged that Koli molested her during a victory rally after his win in the Assembly Elections on Sunday.
She, in her complaint, also alleged that Koli`s supporters threw alcohol bottles inside a Valmiki Temple in the area.
Dhingan was defeated by Koli in the Seemapuri constituency.
Koli, the party`s youngest MLA, refuted the charges, saying it was "a fake case" and "an attempt to malign my image".
Supporters of the two parties clashed at around 11:30 am, when scores of AAP workers took out a victory procession in the area and started bursting crackers and celebrating in front of Dhinghan`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’