AAP campaign for dissolution of Assembly now hits Delhi Metro
New Delhi: Designed to exert pressure on the BJP-led central government to take a decision on dissolving the Delhi Assembly, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is now taking its signature campaign on the issue to the Metro stations here.
AAP has been going door-to-door in the 70 Assembly constituencies in the national capital, collecting signatures and taking people`s views on whether they want the Assembly to be dissolved to pave the way for fresh elections.
"The party has now decided to take the signature campaign forward and approach people outside Metro stations.
"AAP volunteers have stepped up their door-to-door campaign and, apart from getting signatures, they are engaging with the public and answering their queries on various issues," said a party spokesperson.
The signature campaign is part of the party`s effort to connect with voters after its drubbing in the recent Lok Sabha elections, when it drew a blank in Delhi.
Party workers are said to have pointed out that one of the reasons for its poor showing was its failure to connect with the voters the way it had ahead of the Delhi Assembly polls in December of last year.
Delhi is under President`s rule after Arvind Kejriwal tendered his resignation from the chief minister`s post in February this year following 49-days of the Congress-supported AAP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Worrying signs: Indian student studying in US spotted in ISIS video, says report