AAP campaign for dissolution of Assembly now hits Delhi Metro
New Delhi: Designed to exert pressure on the BJP-led central government to take a decision on dissolving the Delhi Assembly, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is now taking its signature campaign on the issue to the Metro stations here.
AAP has been going door-to-door in the 70 Assembly constituencies in the national capital, collecting signatures and taking people`s views on whether they want the Assembly to be dissolved to pave the way for fresh elections.
"The party has now decided to take the signature campaign forward and approach people outside Metro stations.
"AAP volunteers have stepped up their door-to-door campaign and, apart from getting signatures, they are engaging with the public and answering their queries on various issues," said a party spokesperson.
The signature campaign is part of the party`s effort to connect with voters after its drubbing in the recent Lok Sabha elections, when it drew a blank in Delhi.
Party workers are said to have pointed out that one of the reasons for its poor showing was its failure to connect with the voters the way it had ahead of the Delhi Assembly polls in December of last year.
Delhi is under President`s rule after Arvind Kejriwal tendered his resignation from the chief minister`s post in February this year following 49-days of the Congress-supported AAP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing