AAP declares list of probables for two Delhi assembly seats
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday announced five probables each for Kasturba Nagar and Sultanpur Marja Assembly constituencies, which include an IIM graduate, a chartered accountant and former Congress and BJP activists.
In the list for Kasturba Nagar, the Arvind Kejriwal-led party selected Kailash Chandra Jain, a Chartered Accountant and social activist.
Jain, a resident of East of Kailash, had been organising medical camps in the area and motivating people to donate eyes, an AAP statement said.
Party has short-listed Nipun Vij, an IIM Kolkata graduate, as its another probable.
Former Congress activist Ravi Bajaj, who had participated in Janlokpal agitation after formally resigning from Congress, it said.
Also in the list is the Founding President of Saket Court Bar Association Madan Lal and Manju Dutt, who associated with women issues in her localities, especially in providing medical services to expecting mothers.
While, the list for Sultanpur Marja includes a former BJP leader, who was associated with the party for more than six years, among others.
The list includes the name of Manju, an M Phil and B. Ed, who is associated pulse polio programme through an NGO and had been providing training to the children and women, enabling them to earn their living.
It also has names of Sandeep Kumar, a law graduate and Surendra Kumar, who was BJP`s Bawana district president of SC cell between 1998 and 2003.
The others are Jitendra and Mange Ram Nimmal, who has been active in social service since 1976 in the locality, the party said.
AAP had yesterday finalised its candidates for the Adarsh Nagar and Moti Nagar Assembly seats, taking up to 65 the number of its contenders for the upcoming December 4 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'