AAP declares list of probables for two Delhi assembly seats
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday announced five probables each for Kasturba Nagar and Sultanpur Marja Assembly constituencies, which include an IIM graduate, a chartered accountant and former Congress and BJP activists.
In the list for Kasturba Nagar, the Arvind Kejriwal-led party selected Kailash Chandra Jain, a Chartered Accountant and social activist.
Jain, a resident of East of Kailash, had been organising medical camps in the area and motivating people to donate eyes, an AAP statement said.
Party has short-listed Nipun Vij, an IIM Kolkata graduate, as its another probable.
Former Congress activist Ravi Bajaj, who had participated in Janlokpal agitation after formally resigning from Congress, it said.
Also in the list is the Founding President of Saket Court Bar Association Madan Lal and Manju Dutt, who associated with women issues in her localities, especially in providing medical services to expecting mothers.
While, the list for Sultanpur Marja includes a former BJP leader, who was associated with the party for more than six years, among others.
The list includes the name of Manju, an M Phil and B. Ed, who is associated pulse polio programme through an NGO and had been providing training to the children and women, enabling them to earn their living.
It also has names of Sandeep Kumar, a law graduate and Surendra Kumar, who was BJP`s Bawana district president of SC cell between 1998 and 2003.
The others are Jitendra and Mange Ram Nimmal, who has been active in social service since 1976 in the locality, the party said.
AAP had yesterday finalised its candidates for the Adarsh Nagar and Moti Nagar Assembly seats, taking up to 65 the number of its contenders for the upcoming December 4 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015