AAP demands CBI probe into MBBS student’s death
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into the mysterious death of an MBBS student at a private college in Uttar Pradesh`s Moradabad town.
A large number of Aam Aadmi Party activists led by its convener Arvind Kejriwal staged a protest in front of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s official residence in the national capital.
The protesters, which also included family and friends of the deceased student Neeraj Bhadana, were demanding arrest of the owners of the college and a CBI inquiry into the case.
Police had to use mild force to control the protesters.
Later, the agitators dispersed on their own after some of their representatives met the SP leader, a senior police officer said.
"The girl was sexually assaulted and murdered. It is alleged that the college authorities are directly involved in this, especially the owners of the college," AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal told reporters.
Labelling serious charges against the college authorities, he said, "This is not the first murder. Seven girls have been murdered in similar circumstances earlier in this college. The girls are asked for sexual favours and if the students don`t agree to that, they are simply murdered."
He also said the case should be handed over to CBI as people "don`t have faith" in UP Police.
Neeraj Bhadana, a MBBS first year student hailing from Faridabad in Haryana, was found dead in the college premises on July 6. The college management termed it as an accidental death, saying the girl was sitting on the railing of the fifth floor and sudddenly she fell down.
The postmortem report, however, found that the girl was strangulated to death and there was no fracture on the body, following which a case of murder was lodged against unknown persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list