AAP demands probe on police lathi charge against students
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Friday demanded a probe into the baton-charge by the police on students, including girls, protesting over the UPSC row.
"A probe must immediately be ordered on the Police brutality on students, including girls on Thursday night in and around Mukherjee Nagar and on Friday near the Rail Bhawan.
"Immediate action must be taken against the Police officials clearly seen in the video footage and still photographs brutally beating up students. The government should also probe on why Metro stations are shut down whenever there is any protest in central Delhi. Who authorizes the Metro shutdown?" AAP said in a statement.
The party also demanded that the government should direct the UPSC to initiate a probe on why the process of online admit cards were started when a decision was yet to be taken. It wanted the government to direct the UPSC to postpone the exams.
"The UPSC be directed to probe its decision of starting the process of online admit cards for the preliminary Civil Services Examination when the matter was still under discussion. The government must immediately direct the UPSC to postpone the prelim exams till the deadlock on the Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) is resolved.
"The government must ask the committee formed to look into the matter to submit its report at the earliest. An acceptable solution must be found to satisfy the UPSC aspirants and if need be, the government must ensure that the civil services exams are held on a pre-2010 pattern," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future