AAP did nothing during first one month, alleges BJP
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Monday alleged that Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government did "nothing" during its first one month and said the party would launch a `padyatra` this week to expose the AAP`s "inaction".
"It is clear that AAP has failed to deliver in the last one month in Delhi," Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel said, adding that "even the Delhi High Court was unhappy over the way AAP handled the issue of providing shelters to homeless".
"According to various estimates around 174 homeless people have died in Delhi during these winters. The CM and his colleagues were busy in holding dharna and criticising media while people have been dying on roads in Delhi. The Delhi government has failed to fulfil its responsibility,"said Goel.
"There is no governance in Delhi. Doctors are being dragged out of operation theatres by AAP workers in the middle of conducting surgeries, women are being misbehaved with, AAP ministers are using abusive language. Anyone who is criticising AAP is being manhandled, abused and threatened," he added.
Meanwhile, a high-level meeting of Delhi BJP leaders was convened today to finalise the programme for launching of "Ek Note, BJP ko Vote" campaign for Lok Sabha 2014.
In a statement issued, Goel said, "The BJP will be launching this door-to-door campaign as part of the national campaign of the party conceived as `ek note, ek vote`."
"We are focusing on all sections of the society. The party is getting an overwhelming support especially from the women, the youth and the poor. The BJP will launch a series of programmes which will be deliberated upon over the next few days in view of the coming Lok Sabha polls," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!