AAP did nothing during first one month, alleges BJP
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Monday alleged that Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government did "nothing" during its first one month and said the party would launch a `padyatra` this week to expose the AAP`s "inaction".
"It is clear that AAP has failed to deliver in the last one month in Delhi," Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel said, adding that "even the Delhi High Court was unhappy over the way AAP handled the issue of providing shelters to homeless".
"According to various estimates around 174 homeless people have died in Delhi during these winters. The CM and his colleagues were busy in holding dharna and criticising media while people have been dying on roads in Delhi. The Delhi government has failed to fulfil its responsibility,"said Goel.
"There is no governance in Delhi. Doctors are being dragged out of operation theatres by AAP workers in the middle of conducting surgeries, women are being misbehaved with, AAP ministers are using abusive language. Anyone who is criticising AAP is being manhandled, abused and threatened," he added.
Meanwhile, a high-level meeting of Delhi BJP leaders was convened today to finalise the programme for launching of "Ek Note, BJP ko Vote" campaign for Lok Sabha 2014.
In a statement issued, Goel said, "The BJP will be launching this door-to-door campaign as part of the national campaign of the party conceived as `ek note, ek vote`."
"We are focusing on all sections of the society. The party is getting an overwhelming support especially from the women, the youth and the poor. The BJP will launch a series of programmes which will be deliberated upon over the next few days in view of the coming Lok Sabha polls," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!