AAP election manifesto`s key points
Here are the key points of Aam Aadmi Party`s election manifesto in Delhi-
That the Lokpal bill aimed at battling corruption and covering all employees will be passed within 15 days of coming to power.
Around 3,000 "Mohalla Sabhas" to be set up where people would decide what they want for their areas -- parks, street lights, dispensaries and so on.
Payment for government work would be made only if Mohalla Sabha is satisfied with the work done.
Electricity tariff will be slashed by half and electricity distribution by private companies will be audited. Inflated bills will be rectified and if distribution companies don`t cooperate, their licenses would be cancelled.
Two lakh community and public toilets will be built.
Families which limit their monthly water consumption to 700 litres would not be billed. Domestic water consumers who have got inflated bills up to November 2013 will not be liable to pay these bills.
Delhi Police, the Delhi Development Authority and the Municipal Corporations of Delhi will be brought under the control of the Delhi government.
Minorities will be protected and "fake encounters and false cases against Muslim youth shall end".
Any public official found guilty of corruption would be sacked, jailed and his/her property confiscated.
Honest officials like Ashok Khemka and Durga Shakti Nagpal would be encouraged and protected.
A Citizens Security Force would be formed in each ward to provide security to anyone in distress.
No court case would be adjourned if the Delhi government is a litigant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price