AAP explains addition of Sonia and Modi names in list
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday said it added Congress President Sonia Gandhi and BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s names in the list of "corrupt leaders" against whom it has decided to field candidates in the Lok Sabha elections as they were leading a party of tainted politicians and protecting them.
"After taking feedback from volunteers and party workers the name of Sonia Gandhi and Narendra Modi was added to the list.
Names of Sonia Gandhi and Modi were added to the list as they led and protected corrupt politicians and corrupt politics. We want to put an end to this type of politics," senior party leader and Political Affairs Committee (PAC) member Gopal Rai told reporters here.
Rai said Modi`s name was also included in the list as he also represented "politics of hatred". Party leader Yogendra Yadav said it was media`s prerogative to decide in which category should Modi be in.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal read out a list of "corrupt leaders" before the National Council meeting held yesterday that included politicians across political parties, including some UPA ministers.
Kejriwal had said that the party will field candidates against politicians who were corrupt, with criminal record and those who represented dynastic politics.
"This time we will contest the Lok Sabha elections with a single agenda of stopping corrupt, criminal politicians and also against those who represented dynastic politics entering the Parliament. The party`s motto will be to defeat them," Rai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog