AAP explains addition of Sonia and Modi names in list
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday said it added Congress President Sonia Gandhi and BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s names in the list of "corrupt leaders" against whom it has decided to field candidates in the Lok Sabha elections as they were leading a party of tainted politicians and protecting them.
"After taking feedback from volunteers and party workers the name of Sonia Gandhi and Narendra Modi was added to the list.
Names of Sonia Gandhi and Modi were added to the list as they led and protected corrupt politicians and corrupt politics. We want to put an end to this type of politics," senior party leader and Political Affairs Committee (PAC) member Gopal Rai told reporters here.
Rai said Modi`s name was also included in the list as he also represented "politics of hatred". Party leader Yogendra Yadav said it was media`s prerogative to decide in which category should Modi be in.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal read out a list of "corrupt leaders" before the National Council meeting held yesterday that included politicians across political parties, including some UPA ministers.
Kejriwal had said that the party will field candidates against politicians who were corrupt, with criminal record and those who represented dynastic politics.
"This time we will contest the Lok Sabha elections with a single agenda of stopping corrupt, criminal politicians and also against those who represented dynastic politics entering the Parliament. The party`s motto will be to defeat them," Rai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!