AAP explains addition of Sonia and Modi names in list
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday said it added Congress President Sonia Gandhi and BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s names in the list of "corrupt leaders" against whom it has decided to field candidates in the Lok Sabha elections as they were leading a party of tainted politicians and protecting them.
"After taking feedback from volunteers and party workers the name of Sonia Gandhi and Narendra Modi was added to the list.
Names of Sonia Gandhi and Modi were added to the list as they led and protected corrupt politicians and corrupt politics. We want to put an end to this type of politics," senior party leader and Political Affairs Committee (PAC) member Gopal Rai told reporters here.
Rai said Modi`s name was also included in the list as he also represented "politics of hatred". Party leader Yogendra Yadav said it was media`s prerogative to decide in which category should Modi be in.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal read out a list of "corrupt leaders" before the National Council meeting held yesterday that included politicians across political parties, including some UPA ministers.
Kejriwal had said that the party will field candidates against politicians who were corrupt, with criminal record and those who represented dynastic politics.
"This time we will contest the Lok Sabha elections with a single agenda of stopping corrupt, criminal politicians and also against those who represented dynastic politics entering the Parliament. The party`s motto will be to defeat them," Rai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Israeli woman gang-raped in Manali, probe launched
- New protein gives new hope for Alzheimer's cure!
- Android users can now enjoy Prisma app!
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement
- WATCH: UNPLAYABLE! Have you seen this 'T20 ball of the century' by R Ashwin?