AAP govt gives Rs 1 cr to family of Delhi cop killed by liquor mafia
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In one of the first decisions taken by the Aam Admi Party, the Delhi government on Monday announced Rs 1 crore as compensation to the family of a police constable who was allegedly beaten to death by suspected liquor mafia.
Police constable Vinod, who was on deputation with the Excise Department of Delhi government, was allegedly beaten to death while another badly injured when they were attacked by suspected liquor mafia during a raid in a forest area near Ghitorni village of south Delhi.
The incident took place on December 27 night when a team of Excise Department, also comprising constable Vinod and Sukhvinder, was following some alleged liquor smugglers in a car.
When they reached the forest area of Ghitorni in south Delhi, five men ambushed them with sticks and stones.
The injured were rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre where Vinod succumbed to his injuries while another constable, Sukhvinder, is recuperating.
A case was registered and efforts launched to nab the attackers. Police arrested one Pavan in connection with the case while four of his accomplices are still at large, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story