AAP govt gives Rs 1 cr to family of Delhi cop killed by liquor mafia
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In one of the first decisions taken by the Aam Admi Party, the Delhi government on Monday announced Rs 1 crore as compensation to the family of a police constable who was allegedly beaten to death by suspected liquor mafia.
Police constable Vinod, who was on deputation with the Excise Department of Delhi government, was allegedly beaten to death while another badly injured when they were attacked by suspected liquor mafia during a raid in a forest area near Ghitorni village of south Delhi.
The incident took place on December 27 night when a team of Excise Department, also comprising constable Vinod and Sukhvinder, was following some alleged liquor smugglers in a car.
When they reached the forest area of Ghitorni in south Delhi, five men ambushed them with sticks and stones.
The injured were rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre where Vinod succumbed to his injuries while another constable, Sukhvinder, is recuperating.
A case was registered and efforts launched to nab the attackers. Police arrested one Pavan in connection with the case while four of his accomplices are still at large, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Congolese's murder: VK Singh deputed to allay African envoys' concerns
- Kolkata civic body orders testing of bread samples
- Two journalists asked to leave army event as they didn't stand up during national anthem
- Huawei files lawsuits accusing Samsung of violating patents
- In Pakistan's Lahore, school attacked after teacher ''rapes'' student