AAP govt will win trust vote in Delhi Assembly: Anna Hazare
Ralegan Siddhi: Veteran social activist Anna Hazare on Thursday expressed confidence that the Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP Government will win the trust vote in the Delhi State Assembly.
"I am confident that theArvind Kejriwal-led AAP Government will win the trust vote. If the Congress withdraws support, it will send a wrong message," Hazare told media here.
The Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Government will seek a vote of confidence on the floor of Delhi State Assembly today. The election of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker will take place on Friday.
The AAP, which emerged as the second largest party in the election with 28 MLAs, requires the support of eight more MLAs to cross the half way mark of the 70-Member Delhi Assembly.
Meanwhile, the Congress has reportedly declared that it will continue to lend outside support to the AAP Government.
Delhi Pradesh Congress President Arvinder Singh Lovely had earlier said that his party stands by its earlier decision of extending outside support to the Aam Aadmi Party.
On the other hand, the lone MLA of JDU has already announced extending support to the AAP Government.
In the newly elected assembly, BJP with its ally Akali Dal has 32 MLA`s, the Congress eight and one independent member.
The Delhi Assembly yesterday completed the formality of oath taking by members, including the Chief Minister and other ministers, with senior Congress member Mateen Ahmed functioning as pro-tem Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'