AAP govt will win trust vote in Delhi Assembly: Anna Hazare
Ralegan Siddhi: Veteran social activist Anna Hazare on Thursday expressed confidence that the Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP Government will win the trust vote in the Delhi State Assembly.
"I am confident that theArvind Kejriwal-led AAP Government will win the trust vote. If the Congress withdraws support, it will send a wrong message," Hazare told media here.
The Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Government will seek a vote of confidence on the floor of Delhi State Assembly today. The election of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker will take place on Friday.
The AAP, which emerged as the second largest party in the election with 28 MLAs, requires the support of eight more MLAs to cross the half way mark of the 70-Member Delhi Assembly.
Meanwhile, the Congress has reportedly declared that it will continue to lend outside support to the AAP Government.
Delhi Pradesh Congress President Arvinder Singh Lovely had earlier said that his party stands by its earlier decision of extending outside support to the Aam Aadmi Party.
On the other hand, the lone MLA of JDU has already announced extending support to the AAP Government.
In the newly elected assembly, BJP with its ally Akali Dal has 32 MLA`s, the Congress eight and one independent member.
The Delhi Assembly yesterday completed the formality of oath taking by members, including the Chief Minister and other ministers, with senior Congress member Mateen Ahmed functioning as pro-tem Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon