AAP is a platform, not party like Congress: Jairam Ramesh
New Delhi: Two days after being ticked off by his party for praising Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Saturday said it is just a "platform" unlike structure-based Congress and suggested that there could be "anarchy" because of it.
"AAP is not a party, it is a platform... Basically, AAP has been an agitation, not a party. Congress party is a party of ideology, governance, office-bearers and structure," he told reporters here.
"If you do not have a party, you will have anarchy in our country. You cannot have chaos and anarchy," the Congress leader added.
Drawing a comparison between Congress and AAP, he said the overall ideology of the 128-year-old party was cohesive ideology.
His fresh comments came two days after he was ticked off by the party for saying the AAP has been raising "legitimate" issues and asked the political class not to make fun of it.
Asked today about the role of AAP in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, Ramesh said it was too early to comment about its national impact.
"Delhi, certainly, they have planted their flag and they are getting a lot of media space. But, what extent they are going to have national impact is too early to say," Ramesh stated.
When pointed out that he had been criticised by his party for praising AAP, Ramesh merely said, "I was also told."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen