AAP is a "self-certifying" govt: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday took a dig at the Aam Aadmi Party`s (AAP) Delhi government headed by Arvind Kejriwal for its self-certification.
"AAP is good as it gives a certificate to itself. Kejriwal government has become a self-certifying government," BJP Spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, while ridiculing Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal commending his own government on the completion of one month.
He said if one made allegations against them they rejected them and indulged in fudging of figures.
"If you make allegations, they declare it is not true. They fudge figures. Today they have fudged their accounts," he said.
As his government completed one month in power, Kejriwal today said controversies surrounding the AAP dispensation never affected its functioning and asserted that his team did a good job in addressing various challenges facing the city.
In a press conference which was disrupted by a Congress MLA, the Chief Minister claimed his government has done far more work for the people in the first month than its predecessors and said rooting out corruption, ensuring security to women and enhancing water distribution network were among his top priorities.
"Your surveys have shown... It is clear people are happy with the performance," he said, adding a number of key decisions have been taken to help the common man like providing 20 kilo litres of free water per month to each household besides providing power subsidy to a large section of consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate