AAP launches auto campaign as it looks to `expose BJP`
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party is all set to launch an `autorickshaw campaign` in the national capital with a view to "exposing BJP" as it alleged that the saffron party is engaging in horse-trading in a bid to form the government in Delhi.
"We are distributing CDs to some 160 autorickshaws across the city to expose BJP," said an AAP source.
Autorickshaw drivers were being seen as a major support group for AAP at the time of the Assembly elections in Delhi last year in which the Arvind Kejriwal-led outfit secured a stunning result.
The party yesterday came out with an audio message which will be handed to the autorickshaw drivers for playing in their vehicles.
"BJP is resorting to dishonest and highly unethical methods of trying to form the government by offering Rs 20 crore each to many MLAs. Is this democracy? It is completely wrong," Kejriwal alleges in the recorded message.
"If BJP forms the government using illegitimate methods and by spending hundreds of crores, then such a dishonest government will only increase your electricity bills and engage in corruption and price rise," he adds in the message, which is expected to be used by AAP to reach out to people by way of phone calls.
Kejriwal today charged that BJP was trying to buy Congress MLAs after failing to buy AAP legislators.
"After failing to buy any AAP MLA, BJP now trying to buy 6 Cong MLAs. Price - Rs 20 crore each, 2 ministers and 4 chairmen," the AAP convener said in a tweet.
Meanwhile, posters have reportedly come up in Kejriwal`s New Delhi Assembly constituency which take an apparent dig at the AAP leader.
"The people of New Delhi are very tired because of pending works. Anyone finding the MLA would be rewarded," says the poster, which is being attributed to resident welfare associations in New Delhi constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you