AAP leader arrested for raping married woman
New Delhi: An Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader was arrested for raping a woman on the pretext of providing her a job, police said Tuesday.
Raman Swami was arrested for raping a woman Jan 25 and was sent to judicial custody till Feb 8, police said.
The woman told police she befriended Swami of Harikesh Nagar in south Delhi a few days back and requested him to help her get employment.
A police officer said: "On Jan 25, he asked her to meet him in the Okhla area. When she reached there, he took the woman to a house in his car and raped her."
The officer added that Swami also threatened her with dire consequences if she told anyone about the assault.
She managed to approach the police the same day. Swami was arrested after her medical examination confirmed rape.
Police said Swami joined the AAP before the Dec 4 Delhi elections and had also sought a ticket from the Okhla constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!