AAP leader injured in accident
Ghaziabad: An Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) candidate for the coming Assembly elections in Delhi was seriously injured Sunday when a speeding car rammed into the motorcycle on which she was riding pillion.
Santosh Koli was rushed to a hospital where her condition is stated to be critical. The accident occurred near Kaushambi Metro station under Link Road police station of Ghaziabad.
Koli is the AAP`s candidate from Sundar Nagari assembly constituency in Delhi.
The motorcycle, which was being driven by Kuldeep, caught fire. He is also critically injured. The car driver escaped.
"Santosh has been an active leader of the party in Sundar Nagari. (AAP chief) Arvind Kejriwal staged an agitation from her residence against inflated power bills," said party leader Manish Sisodia.
"A case of attempt to murder and rash driving has been registered against the car driver," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?