AAP leader injured in accident
Ghaziabad: An Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) candidate for the coming Assembly elections in Delhi was seriously injured Sunday when a speeding car rammed into the motorcycle on which she was riding pillion.
Santosh Koli was rushed to a hospital where her condition is stated to be critical. The accident occurred near Kaushambi Metro station under Link Road police station of Ghaziabad.
Koli is the AAP`s candidate from Sundar Nagari assembly constituency in Delhi.
The motorcycle, which was being driven by Kuldeep, caught fire. He is also critically injured. The car driver escaped.
"Santosh has been an active leader of the party in Sundar Nagari. (AAP chief) Arvind Kejriwal staged an agitation from her residence against inflated power bills," said party leader Manish Sisodia.
"A case of attempt to murder and rash driving has been registered against the car driver," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters