AAP leader Kumar Vishwas apologises after JD(U) MLA Shoaib Iqbal threatens to withdraw support
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After Janata Dal (United) MLA Shoaib Iqbal threatened to withdraw support to the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Delhi, AAP leader Kumar Vishwas has issued an apology to calm the matter.
Vishwas said he is sorry if he has hurt the sentiments of any religion.
“My aim was not to hurt the sentiments of anyone. The video clipping he (Iqbal) is talking about has been edited before being released,” Vishwas said.
He said, "I had said this sometime in 2005, there was no controversy till today. But it surfaced first time in 2013. BJP edited it and uploaded the 48-second clip on their official handle."
He added, “Regarding support to the AAP government, it is their decision whether to support us in Delhi.”
Iqbal had said that he would withdraw support to AAP government if Kumar Vishwas failed to tender a public apology over his controversial remarks on Muharram.
Iqbal had voted in favour of Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government during the trust vote in Delhi Legislative Assembly.
He had alleged Vishwas had joked about Muharram during an event.
"This kind of use of language about a religious event is shocking and extremely derogatory," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today