AAP leaders meet today to debate LG`s invite to form govt in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: A day after the BJP, the single largest party, refused to form government in Delhi, Aam Admi Party (AAP) leaders will meet on Friday to discuss Lt Governor Najeeb Jung`s invite to them to end the political deadlock in the city-state.
According to reports, the Political Affairs Committee of AAP will met today to discuss the pros and cons of taking support from other parties to form government in Delhi.
BJP`s CM candidate Dr Harsh Vardhan yesterday met the LG and refused to form government since the party is short of numbers, after which the Governor invited AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal to meet him on Saturday for discussion.
Kejriwal is reluctant to form government in Delhi with either the Congress or the BJP after finishing second in the Delhi Assembly polls with 28 seats, and said that AAP is ready to play the role of a responsible Opposition.
With the BJP, which emerged as the single largest party in Delhi Assembly polls, declining to form a government, fresh election in the national capital now looks inevitable.
Vardhan after his meeting with Jung told reporters, "We have conveyed to him that we do not have enough seats and in view of lack of clear mandate, the party would like to sit in the opposition.”
Kejriwal had yesterday made it clear that his party would rather prefer fresh election than forming a government with support from Congress or BJP.
Meanwhile, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi today said that backing AAP to form the government in Delhi is under consideration.
The Congress fared poorly against the BJP and AAP by finishing third in the polls with only eight seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday