AAP legislator denies molestation allegation
New Delhi: Newly-elected Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) legislator Dharmendra Koli on Tuesday denied allegations of molestation against him.
“The allegations of molestation against me are untrue. I deny any wrongdoing,” Koli told media persons here.
The wife of Congress leader Veer Singh Dhingan filed a police complaint Monday, saying Koli molested her during a rally brought out after his victory in the Assembly elections Sunday, officials said.
Koli defeated Dhingan in the Seemapuri constituency.
AAP leader Manish Sisodia said the party would be checking facts to see if there was any truth in the allegations.
“We are checking the facts. If he has done wrong, then action will be taken against him," said Sisodia.
“After winning, Koli took out a rally. We spoke to thousands present there. No such incident took place...it is a political conspiracy,” said Sisodia.
Koli is the brother of activist Santosh Koli who was killed in a road accident in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened