AAP legislator denies molestation allegation
New Delhi: Newly-elected Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) legislator Dharmendra Koli on Tuesday denied allegations of molestation against him.
“The allegations of molestation against me are untrue. I deny any wrongdoing,” Koli told media persons here.
The wife of Congress leader Veer Singh Dhingan filed a police complaint Monday, saying Koli molested her during a rally brought out after his victory in the Assembly elections Sunday, officials said.
Koli defeated Dhingan in the Seemapuri constituency.
AAP leader Manish Sisodia said the party would be checking facts to see if there was any truth in the allegations.
“We are checking the facts. If he has done wrong, then action will be taken against him," said Sisodia.
“After winning, Koli took out a rally. We spoke to thousands present there. No such incident took place...it is a political conspiracy,” said Sisodia.
Koli is the brother of activist Santosh Koli who was killed in a road accident in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air