AAP legislator denies molestation allegation
New Delhi: Newly-elected Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) legislator Dharmendra Koli on Tuesday denied allegations of molestation against him.
“The allegations of molestation against me are untrue. I deny any wrongdoing,” Koli told media persons here.
The wife of Congress leader Veer Singh Dhingan filed a police complaint Monday, saying Koli molested her during a rally brought out after his victory in the Assembly elections Sunday, officials said.
Koli defeated Dhingan in the Seemapuri constituency.
AAP leader Manish Sisodia said the party would be checking facts to see if there was any truth in the allegations.
“We are checking the facts. If he has done wrong, then action will be taken against him," said Sisodia.
“After winning, Koli took out a rally. We spoke to thousands present there. No such incident took place...it is a political conspiracy,” said Sisodia.
Koli is the brother of activist Santosh Koli who was killed in a road accident in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy earthquake death toll rises to 247 as rescuers desperately search for survivors
- Sensex firms up 78 points in early trade on F&O expiry
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor