AAP legislator denies molestation allegation
New Delhi: Newly-elected Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) legislator Dharmendra Koli on Tuesday denied allegations of molestation against him.
“The allegations of molestation against me are untrue. I deny any wrongdoing,” Koli told media persons here.
The wife of Congress leader Veer Singh Dhingan filed a police complaint Monday, saying Koli molested her during a rally brought out after his victory in the Assembly elections Sunday, officials said.
Koli defeated Dhingan in the Seemapuri constituency.
AAP leader Manish Sisodia said the party would be checking facts to see if there was any truth in the allegations.
“We are checking the facts. If he has done wrong, then action will be taken against him," said Sisodia.
“After winning, Koli took out a rally. We spoke to thousands present there. No such incident took place...it is a political conspiracy,” said Sisodia.
Koli is the brother of activist Santosh Koli who was killed in a road accident in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad