AAP legislator denies molestation allegation
New Delhi: Newly-elected Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) legislator Dharmendra Koli on Tuesday denied allegations of molestation against him.
“The allegations of molestation against me are untrue. I deny any wrongdoing,” Koli told media persons here.
The wife of Congress leader Veer Singh Dhingan filed a police complaint Monday, saying Koli molested her during a rally brought out after his victory in the Assembly elections Sunday, officials said.
Koli defeated Dhingan in the Seemapuri constituency.
AAP leader Manish Sisodia said the party would be checking facts to see if there was any truth in the allegations.
“We are checking the facts. If he has done wrong, then action will be taken against him," said Sisodia.
“After winning, Koli took out a rally. We spoke to thousands present there. No such incident took place...it is a political conspiracy,” said Sisodia.
Koli is the brother of activist Santosh Koli who was killed in a road accident in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB