AAP legislators to seek people`s views for spending development fund
New Delhi: With their leader Arvind Kejriwal in jail, the AAP is reaching out to people in Delhi`s Assembly constituencies which voted for it in December to ask how to spend the development fund meant for the areas.
The Aam Aadmi Party`s 27 legislators and other activists have launched the programme, including in the New Delhi constituency that had elected Kejriwal, who is now in the Tihar Jail over a defamation case involving BJP leader Nitin Gadkari.
Besides distributing pamphlets against Gadkari, the AAP legislators and activists are giving out forms to residents asking them to suggest ways the MLA Local Area Development fund should be spent on various development schemes.
"This has been party`s ideology. It`s people`s money and they will decide how it need to be spent," party leader Manish Sisodia told IANS.
"People`s suggestion will be taken and then it will be decided how and where the money will be spent," said a close aide of Sisodia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip