AAP legislators to seek people`s views for spending development fund
New Delhi: With their leader Arvind Kejriwal in jail, the AAP is reaching out to people in Delhi`s Assembly constituencies which voted for it in December to ask how to spend the development fund meant for the areas.
The Aam Aadmi Party`s 27 legislators and other activists have launched the programme, including in the New Delhi constituency that had elected Kejriwal, who is now in the Tihar Jail over a defamation case involving BJP leader Nitin Gadkari.
Besides distributing pamphlets against Gadkari, the AAP legislators and activists are giving out forms to residents asking them to suggest ways the MLA Local Area Development fund should be spent on various development schemes.
"This has been party`s ideology. It`s people`s money and they will decide how it need to be spent," party leader Manish Sisodia told IANS.
"People`s suggestion will be taken and then it will be decided how and where the money will be spent," said a close aide of Sisodia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part IV
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- Narsingh Yadav Doping Scandal: Wrestler's food was spiked by an intruder, reveals hostel cook
- Chhattisgarh using only its share of Mahanadi water: Raman Singh
- Assembly elections: AAP to release 'Dalit Manifestos' in Punjab, Gujarat, Goa
- Kolkata teenager's death: Police look for answers
- SP government not following Lohia, women unsafe in UP: Nitish