AAP minister`s misbehaviour with African nationals punishable: Arvinder Singh Lovely
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi Congress chief Arvinder Singh Lovely on Saturday lashed out at the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) workers over its misbehaving with some African girls here in South Delhi`s Khirki Extension area.
“Rules are important, AAP should follow them. Their workers should be punished for misbehaving with African girls,” Lovely said.
Delhi law minister Somnath Bharti and his party volunteers had carried out raids in South Delhi on Wednesday night. Bharti and his supporters alleged that a sex trade and drug peddling racket was flourishing in the locality with the help of foreign nationals, mostly African. During this raid, allegedly some African women were manhandled by the AAP workers and were also forced to give a urinary sample in public for a drug test.
Four women from Uganda yesterday had filed a complaint with Delhi Police alleging they were molested by a group of Bharti`s supporters and one of them said she was forced to give a urine sample by the men in public.
The entire incident has irked the African government so much that they have send delegates who met with Ministry of External Affairs officials today to put forth their concerns over alleged misbehaviour of Delhi minister with some African nationals.
The ambassadors of the African countries were called for a meeting here following concerns expressed by them over the alleged manhandling of some African nationals on Thursday.
Meanwhile, India today `utterly condemned` the alleged misbehaviour with some Ugandan nationals in the capital by Delhi minister Somnath Bharti and his party volunteers and promised `appropriate action` in the matter.
New Delhi`s stand on the matter was conveyed to the African envoys from 20 countries by Dinkar Khullar, secretary (West) in the ministry of external affairs, who held a meeting with them in south block.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report