AAP misusing national flag: Congress
New Delhi: Delhi Congress on Thursday demanded derecognition of Aam Aadmi Party and action against its workers alleging that it is "misusing" the national flag.
"Members of the Aam Aadmi Party have openly misused the national flag and hence should be derecognised immediately and action be initiated against them under the National Flag Act," Delhi Congress committee general secretary Naresh Kumar said in a statement after meeting the election commissioner of Delhi Vijay Dev.
Kumar said he would also meet the chief election commissioner to hand over a memorandum in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa