AAP misusing national flag: Congress
New Delhi: Delhi Congress on Thursday demanded derecognition of Aam Aadmi Party and action against its workers alleging that it is "misusing" the national flag.
"Members of the Aam Aadmi Party have openly misused the national flag and hence should be derecognised immediately and action be initiated against them under the National Flag Act," Delhi Congress committee general secretary Naresh Kumar said in a statement after meeting the election commissioner of Delhi Vijay Dev.
Kumar said he would also meet the chief election commissioner to hand over a memorandum in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why