AAP names candidates for Adarsh Nagar, Moti Nagar seats
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Monday announced its candidates for the Adarsh Nagar and Moti Nagar Assembly seats, taking up to 65 the number of its contenders for the upcoming December 4 polls.
That now leaves only five constituencies for which the party is yet to name contestants.
AAP announced that Kuldeep Singh Channa would be its candidate for the Moti Nagar Assembly constituency while Jagdeep Rana would fight the Adarsh Nagar seat, a statement from the Arvind Kejriwal-led party said.
Channa has been active in social work for the past 35 years, the party said, adding that he also runs an old age home.
Rana had been elected as General Secretary of Aryabhatt college students` union after contesting as an independent candidate.
Son of a village pradhan, Rana had successfully launched an agitation against the theft of ration and kerosene meant for the common man, the AAP statement claimed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory