AAP names candidates for Adarsh Nagar, Moti Nagar seats
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Monday announced its candidates for the Adarsh Nagar and Moti Nagar Assembly seats, taking up to 65 the number of its contenders for the upcoming December 4 polls.
That now leaves only five constituencies for which the party is yet to name contestants.
AAP announced that Kuldeep Singh Channa would be its candidate for the Moti Nagar Assembly constituency while Jagdeep Rana would fight the Adarsh Nagar seat, a statement from the Arvind Kejriwal-led party said.
Channa has been active in social work for the past 35 years, the party said, adding that he also runs an old age home.
Rana had been elected as General Secretary of Aryabhatt college students` union after contesting as an independent candidate.
Son of a village pradhan, Rana had successfully launched an agitation against the theft of ration and kerosene meant for the common man, the AAP statement claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan