AAP names candidates for Adarsh Nagar, Moti Nagar seats
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Monday announced its candidates for the Adarsh Nagar and Moti Nagar Assembly seats, taking up to 65 the number of its contenders for the upcoming December 4 polls.
That now leaves only five constituencies for which the party is yet to name contestants.
AAP announced that Kuldeep Singh Channa would be its candidate for the Moti Nagar Assembly constituency while Jagdeep Rana would fight the Adarsh Nagar seat, a statement from the Arvind Kejriwal-led party said.
Channa has been active in social work for the past 35 years, the party said, adding that he also runs an old age home.
Rana had been elected as General Secretary of Aryabhatt college students` union after contesting as an independent candidate.
Son of a village pradhan, Rana had successfully launched an agitation against the theft of ration and kerosene meant for the common man, the AAP statement claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption