AAP releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal led-Aam Aadmi Party on Thursday released the second list of candidates for the upcoming General Elections.
According to reports, the names of 30 candidates finalised by the party for the crucial Lok Sabha polls feature in this list.
Prominent among them are Rajmohan Gandhi, who will contest Lok Sabha election from East Delhi constituency against Congress` Sandeep Dikhsit, Dr. Dharamveer Bharti from Patiala, Major Surendra Punia from Seekar, Dr.Raza Bhatt from Srinagar, HC Arya from Almora, Dr. Rajan Sushant from Kangra, Samina Khan from Sangli, Bhagwat Rajput from Vidisha, General Raj Kadyan from Jhunjunoo.
AAP will field Naveen Jaihind against Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda`s son Deepender Singh Hooda from the Rohtak constituency.
“The names of all candidates will be on AAP`s website for next 5 days, anyone who has details about the candidates can put it on website, AAP leader Manish Sisodia said.
The step is a clear indication that AAP is fast gearing up for the upcoming General Elections and fine-tuning its strategies for it. AAP leader Yogendra Yadav had made it clear last week that his party would contest the coming Lok Sabha polls under Kejriwal`s leadership.
AAP last Sunday had announced the first list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls. The list included – Ashutosh, Mukul Tripathi, Baba Hardev, Subash Ware, Anjali Damania, Soumendra Dhaka, Jarnail Singh, Dr Jiyalal Ra, Kumar Vishwas, Yogendra Yadav, Mayank Gandhi, Medha Patkhar, Meera Sanyal, Habung Payeng, Baliram Pandhare, Alok Aggarwal, Lingraj, Harvinder Singh Phoolka, Yogesh Dahiya, Khalid Parvaiz.
Earlier this month, Kerjriwal had resigned as Delhi CM shortly after his government was defeated on the issue of tabling of the Jan Lokpal Bill in Delhi Assembly in the face of a united resistance by outside supporter Congress and the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her