AAP seeks all-party meet on power crisis, price rise
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Sunday demanded an all-party meeting to discuss issues like rising prices and the power crisis in Delhi.
In a statement today, the party also demanded that Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung should discuss budget proposals for Delhi with political parties which are represented in the state Assembly to ensure that no major decision was imposed on Delhiites without their elected representatives having first been taken into confidence.
"Such a meeting is also the need of the hour since the Centre is likely to present the budget for Delhi soon in Parliament and, with the LG having kept the Assembly in suspended animation for five months now, the opinion of the parties represented therein must be taken into account by the Centre.
"A situation of chaos must not be allowed to prevail in the national capital any longer and urgent corrective steps are required to provide relief to the people suffering (due to) sleepless nights without electricity and the unchecked rise in prices," AAP said.
The party also slammed Union power minister Piyush Goyal saying that although he had assured that electricity supply would be normalised within a fortnight there has been no improvement yet in that regard.
"The assurance has turned out to be false. Who takes the responsibility for the power cuts (which go on) for long hours?" charged AAP.
"Water supply is badly affected in different areas of the city. What is being done to normalise it? Prices of vegetables, tomatoes and onions have gone up exorbitantly.
"All steps announced by the central government appear to have remained on paper so far," AAP claimed while asking, "what is being done to bring down the sky-rocketing prices?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon