AAP seeks time to decide on govt formation, LG to send report to Prez
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convener Arvind Kejriwal met Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung on Saturday and has asked for 10 days time to decide on the formation of government in Delhi.
On the issue of Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) willing to give support to AAP, the party has also asked them for their views on various issues raised by them before deciding on the government formation.
"We have time and again said that neither will we give nor take support from any party. However, Congress has still offered us unconditional support. We want to know the motive behind the same," said Kejriwal while addressing a press conference after meeting the LG.
He also said that AAP will be forming an issue-based government in Delhi and has asked the views of both Congress and BJP parties on whether they will give their support on those issues.
Kejriwal said that the party has written a letter to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and BJP president Rajnath Singh asking them to clear their stand on the 18 issues that the AAP has mentioned. These issues include passing of Jan Lokpal Bill, audit of electricity companies, education and concern for the safety of women among others.
The AAP convener also said that the reply given by both the parties will be discussed with the public through a series of meetings across Delhi. "Whatever the public will decides, we will do that," Kejriwal said.
The AAP had earlier refused Congress` offer of unconditional support to form a government.
Meanwhile, Lieutenant Governor has apprised Home Minister Sushilumar Shinde of the situation in Delhi, sources have said.
Earlier on Friday, Congress had sent a letter to Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung offering unconditional support to AAP to form the government, stating the party would not like to put the burden on people of fresh election in the city state.
Congress` offer of support came ahead of Jung`s meeting with AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday at 10:30 am to discuss government formation.
According to official sources, all eight legislators of the party were ready to back the AAP, which has been invited by Jung to explore the possibility of forming a government.
The letter to Jung read, "Indian National Congress is willing to offer unconditional outside support to AAP if they are ready to form the government."
"We have come to know through media that after the refusal of BJP to form government in absence of adequate number, you have invited Arvind Kejriwal of AAP to form government," it added.
However, after a meeting, member of AAP Political Affairs Committee and a newly-elected MLA Manish Sisodia said that the party will stick to its stand of not forming the government.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Meghalaya Board SSLC Results 2016: megresults.nic.in, www.mbose.in; Tura Result 2016, MBOSE Class 10 Examination Result 2016 to be declared today at 10 am
- Mbose.in HSSLC SSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (Megresults.nic.in) MBOSE Tura 10th 12th (Arts) board exam results 2016 to be announced today on May 25
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM