AAP to announce decision on govt formation in Delhi on Monday: Arvind Kejriwal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convener Arvind Kejriwal continued to take pot-shots at Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday and said that if AAP comes to power, then it will send corrupt politicians of both parties to jail.
"Congress is a shrewd party and if we form a government, then it will not be able to do any mischief for the next six months," Kejriwal said.
Kejriwal also that the party will make a final announcement on the formation of government in Delhi on Monday. He will hold a press conference in the national capital at 11 am on Monday.
"If we form a government, then we will and fulfil all promises made in manifesto. We will pass Lokpal also if we come to power," said Kejriwal.
AAP convener said that Delhi Assembly elections gave a new direction to politics and proved that honest people can be part of politics as well.
Several public meetings are taking place across Delhi today with Kejriwal seeking the opinion of the people on whether it should form government.
Kejriwal said that AAP empowering people by taking their opinion and not just restricting their role to voting. "This is true democracy," he added.
The Congress, left with just eight seats after its crushing defeat in the polls, has offered outside support to the AAP. But AAP has yet to decide on whether to accept the outside support of eight Congress MLAs that will take its numbers to the halfway mark of 36 in the 70-member Delhi Assembly.
AAP had promised to reduce electricity tariff by 50 per cent and supply of at least 700 litres of clean water to each household and also had said that the party will regularise unauthorized colonies within a year if voted to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon