AAP to replace North West Delhi candidate with Rakhi Birla
New Delhi: The AAP Tuesday withdrew the candidature of Mahendra Singh from the North West Delhi constituency for his alleged involvement in criminal cases. Former Delhi minister Rakhi Birla will be fielded from the seat, a party official said.
Singh, a social activist, had a number of criminal cases against him, an Aam Aadmi Party leader said.
"There were criminal cases against him (Singh)," the AAP official said, adding that the party was earlier unaware of them.
According to the party official, Singh had spent "three months in jail last year in a case of fake currency circulation".
The party told him it was cancelling his nomination, and Singh agreed to it.
Rakhi Birla, who was the youngest minister in the Arvind Kejriwal government, will be fielded from the seat, a party leader told IANS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown