AAP to submit 6 lakh letters to Delhi CM urging to cut power tariff
New Delhi: As Arvind Kejriwal`s indefinite fast against "inflated" power bills entered the ninth day on Sunday, his Aam Aadmi Party said it will on Monday deliver over 6.38 lakh letters it collected from Delhiites to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit urging her to cut power tariff.
In a statement, AAP said a total of 6,38,707 letters were signed by Delhiites till last night and they will be submitted to Dikshit tomorrow morning.
The party alleged that the price of electricity and water had increased many folds in the capital due to corruption.
"As the number of Delhiites, who have decided not to pay their bills, swells day by day, the ball is in the court of Sheila Dikshit now. Would she listen to the voice of people who have elected her to power or continue to support private companies?" the statement said.
On Kejriwal`s health, the statement said despite weakness, his health parameters are within normal range.
"His blood pressure in the morning was 101/63, pulse 65 and sugar 121. He has lost 7 kg of weight since his fast began. His current weight is 58 kg," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi