AAP to support Medha if she contests Lok Sabha polls
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is willing to extend its full support to social activist Medha Patkar if she contests the Lok Sabha polls.
"If she (Patkar) wants to contest Lok Sabha polls, our party will extend its support to her. Now it is upto her to decide on whether she wants to contest elections", senior party leader and Political Affairs Committee (PAC) Sanjay Singh said today.
"Even if she wants to contest as an independent, we will extend our full support to her," Singh said.
Although the Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) leader has extended her support to the party, she is yet to join it. She is also a part of National Alliance of People`s Movements (NAPM)
Sources said there are indications that she might take a plunge from North-east Mumbai seat or some seat from where she led her agitations.
The northeast Mumbai seat has a large and scattered chunk of slums. Patkar had also led an agitation against the state government after it started a demolition drive to clear these slums.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth