AAP to support Medha if she contests Lok Sabha polls
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is willing to extend its full support to social activist Medha Patkar if she contests the Lok Sabha polls.
"If she (Patkar) wants to contest Lok Sabha polls, our party will extend its support to her. Now it is upto her to decide on whether she wants to contest elections", senior party leader and Political Affairs Committee (PAC) Sanjay Singh said today.
"Even if she wants to contest as an independent, we will extend our full support to her," Singh said.
Although the Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) leader has extended her support to the party, she is yet to join it. She is also a part of National Alliance of People`s Movements (NAPM)
Sources said there are indications that she might take a plunge from North-east Mumbai seat or some seat from where she led her agitations.
The northeast Mumbai seat has a large and scattered chunk of slums. Patkar had also led an agitation against the state government after it started a demolition drive to clear these slums.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand