AAP twin rallies to test support base in Delhi
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party will hold two rallies–one for auto rickshaw drivers Thursday and the other on August 3–here to test its support base.
The first rally at the Ramlila Maidan will be for the party`s crucial vote bank - autorickshaw drivers.
The August 3 gathering at Jantar Mantar will press for dissolution of the Delhi assembly.
Party leader Manish Sisodia said "(Party chief) Arvind (Kejriwal) will listen to problems of auto drivers, but he will also tell them not to overcharge passengers."
He said harassment of autorickshaw drivers by police has increased ever since the NDA government came to power in Delhi.
Asked whether the rally success will be considered a show of strength for the party with the assembly elections in mind, a senior party member said: "The tone will be set in the Aug 3 rally."
Delhi has been under President`s rule since Feb 14, 2014, when Kejriwal quit as chief minister over the Jan Lokpal bill being stalled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?