AAP twin rallies to test support base in Delhi
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party will hold two rallies–one for auto rickshaw drivers Thursday and the other on August 3–here to test its support base.
The first rally at the Ramlila Maidan will be for the party`s crucial vote bank - autorickshaw drivers.
The August 3 gathering at Jantar Mantar will press for dissolution of the Delhi assembly.
Party leader Manish Sisodia said "(Party chief) Arvind (Kejriwal) will listen to problems of auto drivers, but he will also tell them not to overcharge passengers."
He said harassment of autorickshaw drivers by police has increased ever since the NDA government came to power in Delhi.
Asked whether the rally success will be considered a show of strength for the party with the assembly elections in mind, a senior party member said: "The tone will be set in the Aug 3 rally."
Delhi has been under President`s rule since Feb 14, 2014, when Kejriwal quit as chief minister over the Jan Lokpal bill being stalled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing