AAP workers to restore power connections
New Delhi: Activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal Wednesday appealed to his party volunteers to start restoring from April 6 power and water connections disconnected across Delhi for non-payment of allegedly inflated bills.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader is on an indefinite hunger strike since March 23 against the allegedly inflated water and power bills.
"We have launched a signature campaign against the bills. Now I appeal to the people to restore their connections from April 6," said Kejriwal.
According to a press statement, AAP volunteers would go door-to-door for restoring electricity connections of poor people in Delhi.
On April 6, 1930, freedom fighter Mahatma Gandhiji completed his Dandi Yatra and broke the salt law by making salt from sea water thereby launching the civil disobedience movement against the colonial rulers, the statement said.
Kejriwal said that around nine lakh people have written to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit saying that they would not be paying the bills, but the fear of disconnection of power-water supply had not been fully erased from their minds and hearts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25