AAP workers to restore power connections
New Delhi: Activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal Wednesday appealed to his party volunteers to start restoring from April 6 power and water connections disconnected across Delhi for non-payment of allegedly inflated bills.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader is on an indefinite hunger strike since March 23 against the allegedly inflated water and power bills.
"We have launched a signature campaign against the bills. Now I appeal to the people to restore their connections from April 6," said Kejriwal.
According to a press statement, AAP volunteers would go door-to-door for restoring electricity connections of poor people in Delhi.
On April 6, 1930, freedom fighter Mahatma Gandhiji completed his Dandi Yatra and broke the salt law by making salt from sea water thereby launching the civil disobedience movement against the colonial rulers, the statement said.
Kejriwal said that around nine lakh people have written to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit saying that they would not be paying the bills, but the fear of disconnection of power-water supply had not been fully erased from their minds and hearts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video