AAP workers to restore power connections
New Delhi: Activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal Wednesday appealed to his party volunteers to start restoring from April 6 power and water connections disconnected across Delhi for non-payment of allegedly inflated bills.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader is on an indefinite hunger strike since March 23 against the allegedly inflated water and power bills.
"We have launched a signature campaign against the bills. Now I appeal to the people to restore their connections from April 6," said Kejriwal.
According to a press statement, AAP volunteers would go door-to-door for restoring electricity connections of poor people in Delhi.
On April 6, 1930, freedom fighter Mahatma Gandhiji completed his Dandi Yatra and broke the salt law by making salt from sea water thereby launching the civil disobedience movement against the colonial rulers, the statement said.
Kejriwal said that around nine lakh people have written to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit saying that they would not be paying the bills, but the fear of disconnection of power-water supply had not been fully erased from their minds and hearts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie