AAP workers to restore power connections
New Delhi: Activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal Wednesday appealed to his party volunteers to start restoring from April 6 power and water connections disconnected across Delhi for non-payment of allegedly inflated bills.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader is on an indefinite hunger strike since March 23 against the allegedly inflated water and power bills.
"We have launched a signature campaign against the bills. Now I appeal to the people to restore their connections from April 6," said Kejriwal.
According to a press statement, AAP volunteers would go door-to-door for restoring electricity connections of poor people in Delhi.
On April 6, 1930, freedom fighter Mahatma Gandhiji completed his Dandi Yatra and broke the salt law by making salt from sea water thereby launching the civil disobedience movement against the colonial rulers, the statement said.
Kejriwal said that around nine lakh people have written to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit saying that they would not be paying the bills, but the fear of disconnection of power-water supply had not been fully erased from their minds and hearts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know