AAP`s first list of Lok Sabha candidates to be released within 15 days
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: With only few months left for the General Elections, Aam Aadmi Party which after a stellar debut in Delhi Assembly polls has plans to contest polls on a national level, the 23-member National Executive met at Constitution Club here this morning to discuss its strategies for the Lok Sabha elections.
The newly formed party has already decided to go beyond Delhi and had earlier announced that it will contest all seats from Gujarat, and is also eyeing Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka to gather support before the polls due in May.
Talking to reporters, AAP member Sanjay Singh said that the party will be releasing its first list of candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections within 10 to 15 days.
After Prime Minister Manmohan Singh yesterday announced his retirement, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on the question of the next prime minister said that political parties need to address issues concerning ordinary people instead of constantly debating about the next PM.
"How does it matter who becomes the prime minister?" the Aam Aadmi Party leader told the media.
AAP leader Yogendra Yadav said that his party has always maintained that Narendra Modi versus Rahul Gandhi is not a good signal. Yadav is also being seen AAP candidate for the post of Haryana chief minister as the state goes to polls in coming months.
Another AAP leader and close associate of Kejriwal, Kumar Vishwas who is all set to take on Rahul Gandhi had earlier said that he will contest polls for where ever the Congress vice president fights.
Calling for a triangular battle, Vishwas has also asked BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi to contest from Amethi.
Kejriwal had asked people from all spheres and other political parties with clean image to join AAP`s crusade against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- South China Sea critical to US national security: White House