AAP`s first list of Lok Sabha candidates to be released within 15 days
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: With only few months left for the General Elections, Aam Aadmi Party which after a stellar debut in Delhi Assembly polls has plans to contest polls on a national level, the 23-member National Executive met at Constitution Club here this morning to discuss its strategies for the Lok Sabha elections.
The newly formed party has already decided to go beyond Delhi and had earlier announced that it will contest all seats from Gujarat, and is also eyeing Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka to gather support before the polls due in May.
Talking to reporters, AAP member Sanjay Singh said that the party will be releasing its first list of candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections within 10 to 15 days.
After Prime Minister Manmohan Singh yesterday announced his retirement, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on the question of the next prime minister said that political parties need to address issues concerning ordinary people instead of constantly debating about the next PM.
"How does it matter who becomes the prime minister?" the Aam Aadmi Party leader told the media.
AAP leader Yogendra Yadav said that his party has always maintained that Narendra Modi versus Rahul Gandhi is not a good signal. Yadav is also being seen AAP candidate for the post of Haryana chief minister as the state goes to polls in coming months.
Another AAP leader and close associate of Kejriwal, Kumar Vishwas who is all set to take on Rahul Gandhi had earlier said that he will contest polls for where ever the Congress vice president fights.
Calling for a triangular battle, Vishwas has also asked BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi to contest from Amethi.
Kejriwal had asked people from all spheres and other political parties with clean image to join AAP`s crusade against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!