AAP`s "hypocrisy" exposed in taking Congress support to form govt: BJP
New Delhi: Attaking AAP`s decision to form government in Delhi with Congress support, BJP on Monday said it has exposed Arvind Kejriwal-led party`s hypocrisy and duplicity n its claim to cleanse politics of corruption.
An AAP-Congress government is a contradiction in itself. How can a party, which professed to cleanse Indian politics, form an alliance with the most corrupt political party in the world, said BJP leader Harsh Vardhan today in press statement following AAP`s announcement to go ahead with government formation.
Vardhan, who has dubbed AAP as a "B team" of Congress, predicted mid-term polls very soon saying he is confident that Congress "with its tradition of chicanery and corruption, will not allow AAP to perform and soon there will be mid-term polls."
"This cannot be accepted by the people of Delhi. Its contradictions also makes it a most transient arrangement. It won`t be long before a mid-term election is thrust on the people of Delhi," Vardhan said adding BJP is mentally and physically prepared for another round of polls.
Vardhan said that instead of facing fresh elections, AAP chose to "compromise" on its core principles to attain power and "betrayed" the trust of Delhi residents.
"I strongly feel that this decision of AAP is literally a betrayal of the wishes of the people of Delhi because only recently, they have given a mandate thoroughly rejecting Congress in the 2013 assembly election," he said.
This government will be starting on the wrong foot because its apparently dominant partner, AAP would be compromising its core principles. All talk of honesty, transparency would vanish soon.
Congress, with just eight MLAs, would be the tail that wags the dog. Already three senior Congress leaders have made it clear that their party`s support is `not unconditional`. The fact that AAP has agreed to this changed position and that too within a week of demanding unconditional support shows how desperate its leaders are for power", said Vardhan adding "good man" AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal buckled before his ambitious and self-serving comrades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons