AAP`s Kumar Vishwas a `khaas aadmi`?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party leader Kumar Vishwas seems to be annoyed by criticism over allotment of two five-bedroom duplex flats to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
On microblogging website Twitter, Kumar Vishwas said will he be declared as a “khaas aadmi” as he has bought a seven-storey house.
I hv a 7 Room house brought by my mny n bank loan in 2001.So when"Ambani foot lickers" r declaring me "Khaas-Aadmi"? pic.twitter.com/9RI6Fv6T23
— Dr. Kumar Vishvas (@DrKumarVishwas) January 4, 2014
Kejriwal announced on Saturday that he will not be moving into the five-bedroom duplex government flat on Bhagwan Das Road here, and instead asked for a smaller house.
"I won`t shift to the five-bedroom duplex flat. I have received lots of messages and phone calls from the people of Delhi and some of my close relatives suggesting me not to accept such a big accommodation," said Kejriwal outside the Constitution Club here before attending AAP`s national executive meeting.
"I want the government to provide a smaller accommodation," said Kejriwal, adding that he will work from his present office-cum-residence located in Kaushambi, near the national capital, till then.
The Delhi Chief Minister has been allotted two five-bedroom duplex flats on Bhagwan Das Road, one of which is to be used as his office.
Questioning the Aam Admi party credentials, his opponents, including the BJP, had attacked him for taking up the flats.
BJP MLAs had yesterday come down hard on Kejriwal in the Delhi Assembly on the issue, saying his decision to accept the two flats was in "total contradiction" of AAP`s claim that it will practice austerity.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!