AAP`s manifesto promises Jan Lokpal, cheap electricity, affordable houses
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K srivastava
New Delhi: Former RTI activist and politician Arvind Kejriwal will on Monday release the election manifesto of his political outfit Aam Admi Party (AAP), which promises cheap electricity, regular water supply and affordable housing for Delhi residents.
According to reports, Kejriwal`s party will also be releasing 70 election manifestos for 70 different constituencies - a first of its kind.
According to sources, getting a Jan Lokpal Bill passed by the Delhi State Assembly is on the top of AAP`s election manifesto.
AAP`s manifesto promises 700 litres of free water for every middle-class and poor family and lowering the present electricity rates to half.
AAP`s election manifesto also addresses the issue of regularization of unauthorized colonies.
Arvind Kejriwal, who is also the party`s CM candidate, said that AAP`s election manifesto represents the aspirations of the Delhi`s middle class and addresses all important issues - from the Janlokpal to abolition of contract work for jobs that are of permanent nature.
Aam Aadmi Party, on Friday, completed its list of candidates for Delhi Assembly polls by announcing Dataram Bainsla as its nominee for Ghonda constituency.
With this the party has announced candidates on all the 70 seats.
The AAP had decided to pitch 63-year-old Ishrat Ali Ansari, a Supreme Court lawyer, against BJP`s Chief Ministerial nominee Harsh Vardhan and Congress` VK Monga from Krishna Nagar seat on Thursday.
Polling will be held in Delhi on December 4 and results will be declared on December 8. With AAP making a political debut, there will be a triangular contest between Congress, BJP and Kejriwal`s party in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what