Aarushi case: Cross-examination of crucial witness deferred
Ghaziabad: The cross-examination of a crucial witness in the sensational Aarushi-Hemraj murder case was deferred till tomorrow by a special court on Wednesday on a fresh plea by the teenager`s parents.
This is the second time the defence has sought deferment of cross-examination of Central Forensic Science laboratory`s senior scientist B P Mahaptra.
Although Mahaptra was cross-examined "partially" during the pre-lunch session, in the post-lunch session the defence sought deferment of further examination of the witness.
The plea was made on the grounds that none of the defence lawyers "is acquainted with forensic science" and hence "unable to cross-examine the forensic expert effectively", defense counsel Manoj Shishodia said.
The defence lawyers also filed an application that the basis of Mahapatra`s findings should be put on the case file in the court and they be allowed to inspect it.
Public Prosecutor R K Saini also filed an application before the CBI court stating that the defense be directed to complete the cross-examination of the witness.
The special CBI judge reserved the order for tomorrow on all the applications.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008 while the body of the family`s domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house. Aarushi`s parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar are facing trial in the double murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened