Aarushi case: Defence counters CBI on seized pillow
Ghaziabad: A pillow that the CBI recovered from the room of murdered teenager Aarushi Talwar was Wednesday presented before a special court here even as defence accused the probe agency of twisting facts about its owner and place of seizure.
A defence lawyer said that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) claimed that the pillow belonged to Aarushi`s slain domestic help, Hemraj, and was recovered from her room.
The defence said that the CBI claim that the pillow was recovered from Aarushi`s room was wrong and in reality it was seized from Hemraj`s room.
In the court of CBI Special Judge S. Lal, the pillow was taken out from a sealed cloth bag that was also carrying other items seized from Hemraj`s room, said defence counsel Manoj Shishodia.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida flat May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
The cross-examination of the Central Forensic Science Laboratory scientist B.K. Mahapatra was concluded and the court adjourned the proceeding for Thursday.
Aarushi`s father Rajesh Talwar and mother Nupur Talwar are the accused in the double murder.
Nupur Talwar was taken into custody April 30 and she challenged in the apex court the May 31 rejection of her bail plea by the Allahabad High Court. She is lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad. Her husband is out on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!