Aarushi case: Talwars submit list of 13 defence witnesses
Ghaziabad: Dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar today submitted a list of 13 witnesses, including former Uttar Pradesh ADG (crime and law &order) Arun Kumar, to a special CBI court in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case trial.
Earlier, the couple`s plea against CBI for dropping its 14 witnesses was rejected by the Supreme Court.
The apex court had said that once the recording of Talwar couple`s statement is done, witnesses can be examined.
"How can you compel the other party? Law permits you to examine those witnesses. Why are you in hurry? Recording of your statement is going on. After that you try to examine them," the court had said.
Today, the couple submitted the list of 13 defence witnesses in the court, and asked to summon them. However, CBI opposed summoning of some of the defence witnesses.
"We will file written reply on the list of Talwars` defence witnesses in trial court tomorrow," said CBI lawyer RK Saini.
The list also includes RK Sharma, former HOD of forensic science at AIIMS, Nodal officers of Airtel and Vodafone, Urmil Sharma, a gynaecologist and emeritus consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in Delhi, Dr Richa Sexena, Dr SL Vaya, expert at FSL in Gujarat, Rajinder Koul, a resident of Sector 47 in Gurgaon and Mahendra Sharma, a carpenter.
Talwars said that Arun Kumar, who was the joint director of CBI and supervising officer of the probe in the case, headed the first CBI probe team in the case and is a relevant witness. Kumar also visited L-32 Jalawayu Vihar in Noida several times, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read