Aarushi case: Talwars submit list of 13 more witnesses
Ghaziabad: Dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar Monday submitted a list of 13 more witnesses, including seven CBI officials, to a special court here in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case trial.
"These 13 people were made prosecution witnesses by the CBI, but were never produced in court for their statements," Talwars` counsel Manoj Sisodia said.
Talwars in their petition alleged that the prosecution had "deliberately" dropped some witnesses whose statements and potential testimonies were in "favour" of the case of the accused.
The dentist couple also sought a direction to the CBI to place on record the disclosure statement made by their compounder Krishna and domestic helps Vijay Mandal and Rajkumar.
So far seven defence witnesses have been examined in the trial court.
The new list of 13 more witnesses includes two CBI sub-inspectors Yatish Chandra Sharma and Pramod Kumar Tanwar, four CBI inspectors HS Sachan, Mukesh Sharma, Pankaj Bansal and Naresh Indora and one CBI deputy SP RS Kureel.
Sisodia told reporters the list further stated that Noida police inspector Anil Samania and sub-inspector Sunita Rana, a cleaner Shashi Devi, Dolai Sheikh, Gopal Sheikh and Vijay Kumar Saau be summoned by the court as defence witnesses.
Talwars in petition said that the statement of Sunita Rana, a Noida police sub-inspector, was recorded under Section 161 of CrPC by two CBI inspectors Mukesh and Pankaj.
"It was Sunita who turned the body of deceased Aarushi in
order to check injuries. In her 161 statement, Sunita stated that the stairs were clean and didn`t have any blood spots or wiped blood spots/stains while prosecution witness Sanjay Chauhan claimed to have seen blood spots on stairs.
"Therefore, Sunita needs to be called," Talwars said in the petition.
"CBI probe officer A G L Kaul had said that the accused persons before twilight went out of their apartment and dumped incriminatory material including blood soiled clothes, murder weapon and other cloth material with which blood was cleaned.
"According to the 161 statements of Dolai, Gopal and Vijay before CBI officer RS Kureel stated on May 16-17, 2008, these people had thoroughly cleaned the garbage in order to check any material which was found soiled in blood or any weapon like knife etc and admittedly had found none.
"These witnesses will establish truth in the court," Talwars` petition further said.
On June 20, 2013, Talwars had also submitted a list of 13 witnesses, including former Uttar Pradesh ADG (Crime and Law and Order) Arun Kumar. However, Court had allowed to record the statements of seven witnesses.
Court of Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal fixed October 1 as next date for the hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog