Aarushi-Hemraj murder case: Defence to submit final arguments today
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: The defence will on Monday submit its final arguments in the special CBI court here days after the central probe agency concluded that Dr Rajesh Talwar and his wife Nupur murdered their teenage daughter Aarushi and their domestic help Hemraj in 2008.
On October 18, the defence could not initiate arguments as the lawyers went strike demanding that a Allahabad High Court bench be set up in western Uttar Pradesh
Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal then fixed October 21 as the next date for the submission of defence arguments in the case.
The CBI had earlier concluded its arguments, claiming that the Talwar couple had actually killed their daughter and their servant.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence on May 16, 2008. Hemraj`s body was found on the terrace the next day.
Submitting before special CBI Judge S Lal, CBI lawyer RK Saini said the dentist couple, Rajesh and Nupur, displaced the iron-gate at the main entrance when it was the prime evidence indicating how their maid Bharti first entered the house after the crime.
Whether the flat was locked from outside or not could be justified by the same iron-gate but the Talwars displaced it and hence tampered with the evidence.
The parents dressed up the crime scene and got the room repainted in the same colour, the CBI claimed.
Saini claimed the Talwars conspired with former Uttar Pradesh policeman KK Gautam in recovering Hemraj`s body.
They also tried to influence the doctor who performed post-mortem not to put rape on record.
Saini said that on the night of the crime, there were only four people present - Rajesh Talwar, Nupur, Aarushi and Hemraj. There was no outside entry and, therefore, the parents only killed their daughter and their servant.`
After the prosecution concluded its arguments, the judge asked the defence to present its case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement