Aarushi-Hemraj murder: Talwars seek stay on recording of statement
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: Dentist couple Rajesh Talwar and his wife Nupur, accused in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, on Tuesday sought a stay on appearing before a special CBI court to record their statements in connection with the case.
According to reports, the dentist couple are seeking a stay till the Supreme Court takes a decision on their Special Leave Petition.
The special CBI court hearing the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case was to record statements of the dentist couple today.
Special CBI judge Shyam Lal rejected the defence counsel`s plea, which demanded that 13 other witnesses including ADG (law and order) and the then CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar also be called to record statements.
The court rejected defence plea and ordered to record the statements of the Talwar couple, who are the main accused.
Statement of CBI investigating officer AGL Kaul, the last prosecution witness, has already been recorded.
The CBI had earlier told the court that teenager Aarushi Talwar`s murder five years back was carried out by her parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar and no outsider was present.
In his deposition before the Additional Judge, Kaul, who headed the CBI probe, had told the court that their investigations revealed no evidence of any third person`s entry in the house.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA