Aarushi-Hemraj murder: Talwars seek stay on recording of statement
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: Dentist couple Rajesh Talwar and his wife Nupur, accused in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, on Tuesday sought a stay on appearing before a special CBI court to record their statements in connection with the case.
According to reports, the dentist couple are seeking a stay till the Supreme Court takes a decision on their Special Leave Petition.
The special CBI court hearing the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case was to record statements of the dentist couple today.
Special CBI judge Shyam Lal rejected the defence counsel`s plea, which demanded that 13 other witnesses including ADG (law and order) and the then CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar also be called to record statements.
The court rejected defence plea and ordered to record the statements of the Talwar couple, who are the main accused.
Statement of CBI investigating officer AGL Kaul, the last prosecution witness, has already been recorded.
The CBI had earlier told the court that teenager Aarushi Talwar`s murder five years back was carried out by her parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar and no outsider was present.
In his deposition before the Additional Judge, Kaul, who headed the CBI probe, had told the court that their investigations revealed no evidence of any third person`s entry in the house.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'