Aarushi murder case: Final argument starts in special CBI court
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: Final arguments in 2008 Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case began in the special CBI court in Ghaziabad on Thursday.
According to reports, the arguments were to begin on Tuesday but the court hearing the case later fixed October 10 for start of the final arguments in view of the death of a lawyer.
In a big setback to the dentist couple, Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, the Supreme Court on Tuesday dismissed their plea seeking reports of polygraph, brain mapping and narco-analysis tests of their servants.
Refusing the plea, a bench of justices BS Chauhan and SA Bobde said there was no merit in it.
The three helpers were the initial accused in the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
The Talwar couple are under scanner for allegedly killing their teenaged daughter.
They had pleaded these reports are essential to defend themselves and CBI opposed their plea saying that it is a tactic on the part of the couple to prolong the trial.
The Talwars had approached the apex court challenging the order of the trial court and the Allahabad High Court dismissing their plea for a direction to the agency to produce the reports of tests carried out on Raj Kumar, Vijay Mandal and Krishna in the trial court.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit in her bedroom on May 16, 2008.
The initial suspicion was on Hemraj whose body was later found on the terrace at their residence in Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on the outskirts of Delhi.
CBI believes that the murder of 14-year-old Aarushi five years ago was carried out by her parents and that no outsider was present.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai