Aarushi murder case: SC notice to CBI on Nupur`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice to the CBI on dentist Nupur Talwar`s plea seeking bail in the double murder case of her daughter Aarushi and domestic held Hemraj.
A bench of justices AK Patnaik and JS Khehar agreed to hear her bail plea and asked the agency to file its response on her petition.
The bench posted the matter for further hearing on August 6.
Nupur, who has been in jail since her surrender before the Ghaziabad court on April 30, had moved the apex court challenging the Allahabad High Court`s order which had on May 31 dismissed her plea for bail.
The trial court had on May 2 rejected Nupur`s bail application. She had surrendered before the trial court following a stern direction from the Supreme Court, which had also refused to stay the non-bailable warrant issued against her by the lower court on her failure to appear despite issuing of summons.
14-year-old Aarushi was found dead in her bedroom at the Talwar`s residence in Jalvayu Vihar, Noida, on the intervening night of May 16-17, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found on May 17 on the terrace.
Holding that there is prima-facie evidence against the couple, the Ghaziabad court had ordered framing of charges of murder and destruction of evidence against Nupur and her dentist-husband Rajesh.
The apex court had earlier refused to give her any relief and allowed her prosecution in the murder case along with her Rajesh.
It had also dismissed her review petition challenging summons issued by a special CBI court in the case and warned her of "exemplary costs" for any frivolous litigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand