Aarushi murder case: Talwars challenge their conviction in High Court
Allahabad: Dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar on Tuesday moved the Allahabad High Court against a CBI court order awarding them life sentence for the murder of their 14-year-old daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
The petition filed by the couple is likely to come up before a bench for hearing on Thursday.
The couple had been sentenced to life imprisonment by a special CBI court at Ghaziabad on November 26, 2013.
Aarushi was found dead, with her throat slit, inside the Talwars` Noida residence in May, 2008. Hemraj, who had gone missing, was initially suspected of being involved in the crime until his body was recovered from the terrace a day later.
The sensational case was handed over to the CBI following outrage over the handling of the matter by the Uttar Pradesh police.
The trial court had pronounced its judgement accepting the probe agency`s submission that the couple had killed Aarushi and Hemraj in a fit of rage after finding them in an "objectionable position".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video