Aarushi murder case: Talwars file petition seeking forensic documents
Ghaziabad: Rajesh and Nupur Talwar on Monday sought a direction to CBI to either provide them with tabular charts of DNA samples of Aarushi and Hemraj or file an affidavit of the forensic expert stating that the reports had already been given to the couple.
"We have filed a petition in the trial court seeking direction to the CBI to provide us either with the tabular charts of DNA samples or it files an affidavit of B K Mahapatra stating the he had provided us with all forensic report documents related to the case," said Manoj Sisodia, a counsel of Talwars, who are accused of killing their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
However, the probe agency`s lawyer R K Saini opposed Talwars` application, saying they were delaying the proceedings by filing such petitions.
Saini said as per a High Court order, CBI had provided all case-related documents to the defence.
Today, there were also heated arguments between defence and CBI lawyers on the application filed by the Talwars.
The Court of Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal is likely to pronounce its order on Talwars` petition tomorrow.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit in her bedroom on May 16, 2008. The initial suspicion went on Hemraj whose body was later found in the terrace at their residence in Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on the outskirts of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in