Aarushi murder case: Talwars file petition seeking forensic documents
Ghaziabad: Rajesh and Nupur Talwar on Monday sought a direction to CBI to either provide them with tabular charts of DNA samples of Aarushi and Hemraj or file an affidavit of the forensic expert stating that the reports had already been given to the couple.
"We have filed a petition in the trial court seeking direction to the CBI to provide us either with the tabular charts of DNA samples or it files an affidavit of B K Mahapatra stating the he had provided us with all forensic report documents related to the case," said Manoj Sisodia, a counsel of Talwars, who are accused of killing their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
However, the probe agency`s lawyer R K Saini opposed Talwars` application, saying they were delaying the proceedings by filing such petitions.
Saini said as per a High Court order, CBI had provided all case-related documents to the defence.
Today, there were also heated arguments between defence and CBI lawyers on the application filed by the Talwars.
The Court of Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal is likely to pronounce its order on Talwars` petition tomorrow.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit in her bedroom on May 16, 2008. The initial suspicion went on Hemraj whose body was later found in the terrace at their residence in Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on the outskirts of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video